The primary role of the frac service assistant is to assist with the operation of frac equipment, rig up and rig down equipment, perform maintenance of equipment, maintain and submit drivers' logs and time sheets in a timely fashion, and follow required safety and operational procedures.
- Promotes and participates in all required safety, compliance and certifications programs.
- Participates in rig up of connection hoses and high-pressure iron equipment.
- Maintains all required log books and inspection reports.
- Completes pre- and post-trip inspections, and fuel and service units.
- Maintains assigned equipment and performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with operational and safety requirements.
- Reports all operational deficiencies to supervisor and maintenance personnel.
- Proficiently performs equipment inspection and maintenance as requested and complete paperwork.
- Operates equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitors well control parameters and calculations before and during job applications.
- Follows proper rig-up and rig-down procedures.
- Maintains general housekeeping, clean up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Practices safe driving procedures when travelling to and from locations.
- Participates in required company training and service line career development training.
1. Excellent communication, technical writing, and public speaking skills.
2. Able to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
3. Able to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions.
4. Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
5. Safely operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs on equipment.
6. Maintains effective working relationship with other employees.
7. Strong problem-solving skills.
8. Familiar with oilfield terminology and equipment strongly preferred.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. General knowledge of the oil and gas industry
1. Class "A" CDL license with hazmat endorsement, and a satisfactory driver record with no DWI convictions within the past three (3) years or current DWI charges
1. The frac service assistant will work in a physically demanding role, often under harsh environmental conditions.
2. Able to work a rotating schedule (for example, 21 days on schedule/7 days off schedule, or 14 days on schedule/7 days off schedule).
3. Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, to include 24-hour call duty, long work days, and/or irregular work hours; must have a valid, working telephone number or pager.
4. Able to work in a team environment.
Energy is the key to growth for Key Energy Services, one of the US's largest well-servicing and workover companies. The company provides...