External Job Description
The Realogy Franchise Group (RFG) is a business unit of Realogy Holdings Corp., a leading global provider of real estate services. The RFG is comprised of the following world-renowned brands: Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, ERA®, Sotheby’s International Realty®. Collectively, Realogy’ s franchise systems have approximately 13,500 offices and 237,000 sales associates doing business in 100 countries around the world.
We are currently looking for a Franchise Compliance Specialist, Realogy Franchise Group to work in Parsippany, NJ office.
This position is responsible for monitoring a large number of franchisees to ensure that each franchisee is in compliance with the terms of their franchise agreement. Areas of compliance include, but are not limited to unauthorized office locations, insurance compliance, unauthorized transfer/assignments (ownership issues), death of an owner/failure to transfer, the usage of our real estate brand’s trademarks, exclusion of ancillary businesses, sub-franchising, in-term non competes, maintenance of notices addresses, and management and measurement of area of protections and right of first refusals. This position will lead the efforts in supporting the processes, procedures, and accountability standards associated with franchise compliance. The successful candidate will be a sharp, energetic and focused individual who is motivated to get results – one who possesses the highest levels of integrity at all times.
The key objectives and challenges of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for annual verification of our franchisee’s broker licenses ensuring that our brokers of record have valid broker license registration.
- Responsible for annual screening of our franchise owners with regards to compliance of international watch lists including the federally mandated U.S. Patriot Act and Anti-Terrorism regulations.
- Responsible for conducting bi-annual background checks, working with a 3 rd party vendor to manage this overall process.
- Works closely with our real estate brand’s trademark teams to ensure overall compliance of the usage of our trademarks.
- Responsible for upholding compliance by identifying, researching, and analyzing data related to potential violations of brand’s policies and procedures and abuse of company’s intellectual property.
- Upholds strict adherence to policies and procedures, ensuring required documentation reviews and approvals are obtained.
- Works closely with the franchisee’s, brand representatives, and shared services groups to discuss and resolve any franchise compliance issues.
- Prioritizes and tracks activities effectively to meet commitments and schedules; consistently meeting deadlines.
- Responds to customer’s priority needs for service and support; ensuring individual customer needs are met; seeking customer feedback; and initiating appropriate action.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating franchisee information in appropriate systems, including activity and exception reporting.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience preparing legal documents is a plus
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Strong time management, planning and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially via telephone
- Strong PC skills, including experience using MS Office, MS Outlook and MS Browsers
- Detail oriented with a strong commitment to excellence
- A background in franchising, familiarity with contract administration activities, real estate, and good analytical skills will enhance your credentials.
- B.S./B.A. Business Administration, Operations, or related discipline preferred.
To learn more about Realogy and the accomplishments of our brands, log on to www.realogy.com .
Realogy Holdings Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. EEO MFVH
Currency USD Amount of Travel No Travel Work At Home