- Requisition #: 203741012
- Job Category: Operations
- Operation: Region 4 Operations
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20D
- Job Code: 2261
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: LOMBARD, IL 60148 - UPS MAIL BOXES INC
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store® has approximately 4,800 independently locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more.
Our corporate headquarters has an exciting opportunity for a Franchise Consultant to join our Operations team. This position works with The UPS Store® franchise owners to increase same store sales and bottom line profitability. In addition the Franchise Consultant assists stores with compliance and training issues, marketing programs and offers additional consultative assistance as needed.
- Manage franchisee’s compliance with MBE/UPS standards and requirements
- Responsible for ensuring franchisees are operating in full compliance with MBE standards and requirements.
- Assist centers with growth initiatives and improving same store sales and bottom line profitability, including analysis of financial information, pricing and product mix strategies, and addition of new products & services.
- Conduct sample field audits on centers for accountability.
- Assist in facilitating training as needed Assist in the development and facilitation of operational training modules at networking meetings, regional conferences, and bi-annual franchise conference.
- Submit required reporting to upper management and other disciplines as required
- Responsible for completing all assigned AOP Action (Annual Operating Plan) items
- Promote the increase of UPS volume within the assigned territory Function as a liaison between the local UPS business units and MBE headquarters.
- Uses facts, data and logic to generate compelling interest in ideas; persuades internal stakeholders to support ideas or take specific actions; follows through to secure sale, commitment or approval.
- Applies knowledge of UPS policies, principles, and procedures that are relevant to a business area.
- Conducts effective meetings with individuals from all levels of the organization by promoting open discussion, encouraging creativity, and building consensus and agreement. Summarizes others’ contributions and deals constructively with arguments or conflicts.
- Identifies appropriate strategies, desired outcomes, organizational priorities, and appropriate concessions. Asks questions to uncover points of agreement and disagreement. Discusses/considers alternatives, persuades others toward a specific course of action, and bargains for win-win solutions.
- Uses information gathering techniques such as asking open and closed-ended questions, probing for details, and interviewing to obtain new and additional information or details from others.
- Identifies and resolves customer issues. Engages appropriate internal sales and services resources to resolve complex customer issues.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S.
- Related experience in retail management or franchise consulting is required.
- Must be in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- If required, you must be willing to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
UPS - 11 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...