Prevent and minimize loss to Metro Bank and its Customers by reviewing and monitoring suspicious checks and accounts to identify loss exposure. Research and verify funds on items deposited at any Metro Bank location.
- Review and Analyze the daily Early Warning report of suspected deposited checks for fraudulent items and identify any possible loss exposure.
- Review and Analyze the daily AFS report of suspected deposited and on-us checks for fraudulent items and identify any possible loss exposure.
- Place holds on Customer accounts and notify stores along with notification to the Customer.
- Process Return Deposit Items, place holds, and recover money from other sources.
- Work Security Cases with loss under $500.
- Communicate with Stores any change in status on Customer accounts involving suspected item and specific dollar exposure.
- Monitor suspicious accounts for illegal activity and obtain supporting documentation such as copies of deposited checks, paid checks, statements and bankway screens.
- Track items placed on hold by creating case notes in case management system.
- Support management team, ensuring regular reports are completed on time.
- Interact with other banking institutions to verify funds and relationship of Customer.
- Contact check makers to verify validity of suspected checks.
- If there is a potential loss - research and hold other funds held by Metro Bank in other accounts to reduce our exposure to loss.
- Identify items with endorsement issues that may expose Metro Bank to a loss - work with store and deposit operations to rectify these issues.
- Process restitution and collection payments. Update settlement information in case management system.
- Complete charge-off requests, close accounts and submit information for collection processing.
- Provide efficient and professional service to both Stores and Customers in responding to inquiries.
- Communicate with law enforcement.
- 1 - 2 years fraud prevention experience or 1-2 years branch banking experience or Bachelor's degree.
- Comfortable operating computer applications with specific focus on data retrieval and research.
- Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access) - Intermediate ability.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- High degree of judgment.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective research skills.
- Strong assessment, decision-making and time-management skills.
- Copes effectively with risk, uncertainty and stressful situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Metro Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Work is performed in an office setting. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.