As a tenured Group Leader / Manager in Risk Operations, you will be responsible for working with other Group Leaders / Managers and departments (e.g., product training, other groups within Risk Ops) and leading a team of Team Leaders, Specialists, Senior Agents, teammates and professionals dedicated to meeting the highest levels of performance. This includes motivating, building, coaching and developing a team of Team Leaders into a highly responsive team that meets the required published performance standards, as well as participation in hiring, ensuring supplemental QA and training programs are conducted for the team as needed, and administering disciplinary actions in accordance with HR Policies. Additionally this position is responsible for collaborating with Senior Management on ideas for improvement, implementing strategy and plans, and adjusting processes, as well as providing management guidance to the team, assessing resources, monitoring daily metrics, and providing feedback to Senior Management. You will have a strong talent for organizing and managing your time effectively, have a high awareness of other departments and their people, and the ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing environments while serving as a steady point of continuity for your team.
Core duties include:
- Build, coach, and direct a team of Team Leaders and teammates into a highly responsive team that meets the required published performance standards. (30%)
- Ensure that each direct report Team Leader is coaching, developing and communicating with their teams routinely and effectively by ensuring that Team Leaders are reviewing and communicating daily performance, quality, and attendance reports at the individual and team levels. (20%)
- Work with peer group leaders / managers to leverage best practices and understand new trends. Establish relationships with other group leaders / managers throughout the organization to ensure excellent information flow and feedback on impacts of process, policy and product changes (10%)
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned. (20%)
- Contribute to the implementation of workflow process improvements (10%)
- Participate in executive level overview of product and system enhancements prior to each push cycle. Ensure that their team is adequately prepared for upcoming workflow and/or procedural changes concerning upcoming web site updates (10%)
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Timely Decision Making
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Organizational Agility
- Strategic Agility
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed within the role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required, nor be the entire list of behaviors or expectations for which one may be measured upon within the performance review process. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Additionally, Individuals need to be able to work any shift within a 24 hour period Monday through Sunday
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to direct and motivate others
- Ability to lead through vision and values
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC based internet and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Basic Knowledge of internal systems & software (Kana, Intranet, Admin Tools, Attack) preferred.
- Ability to define and utilize quantitative and qualitative management information reports
- 8 + years experience in people management
- Customer communication experience
5+ years Credit, Risk, Fraud Management at a financial institution would be a distinct advantage
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
eBay - 21 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...