***Please note this position is an afternoon shift: Monday - Friday 12:30- 9 p.m. ***
This position is responsible for the monitoring of transactions for potential fraudulent activity to minimize financial losses to merchants, clientd banks and FIS due to fraud schemes.
General duties and responsibilities:
Merchant Fraud Support
Debit, Credit, Prepaid Debit, ATM, and Health Care Fraud Support
- Analyzes fraud alert queues for suspicious activity.
- Contacts financial institutions regarding suspicious merchant deposits.
- Updates investigation database with financial institution responses.
- Conducts new merchant account reviews for suspicious activity.
- Makes the determination when it is appropriate to initiate an account to Investigations based on suspicious activity.
- Updates fraud databases as assigned.
General Duties for all Fraud Support Associates
- Verifies authorizations via return calls from cardholders.
- Contacts financial institutions regarding suspicious cardholder activities.
- Resolves suspicious phone calls transferred from Customer Service.
- Participates in department initiatives to improve efficiencies.
- Remains up-to-date on changing fraud trends.
- Participates in special projects (e.g., card compromises, marking fraud, processing faxes, updating PRM listings, processing NR reports).
- May be required to attend fraud awareness meetings through several professional organizations.
- May train new employees on departmental procedures and processes and/or assist in ongoing training for the Risk department.
- When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, escalates to the appropriate resource.
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards and adherence to schedule.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
General knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws regarding fraud-related issues
- Knowledge of FIS' fraud products and service offerings
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, procedures, and trends of fraud and fraud prevention
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer navigation and operation skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs basic fraud support activities by following standard scripts and procedures. Works under close supervision without latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers and team leads on non-complex issues to learn through experience. Typically responsible for detecting approximately $1 million in merchant fraud, errors and violations annually; or for taking up to 900 calls per month, maintaining call times of less than 5 minutes, maintaining a phone work time and call quality scoring average of 80%, and completing special projects in a timely fashion. Typically requires up to two years customer service experience. One or more years of financial services experience, one or more years of fraud detection experience, and prior experience with fraud detection systems are preferred.
- May require second or third shift work
- Requires flexibility in scheduling to meet department standards
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
General/Other: Customer Support/Client Relations
FIS Global - 10 months ago