Free People Production Coordinator
Founded in 1970, URBN Urban Outfitters, Inc. (www.urbn.com) is an innovative specialty retailer which offers a variety of lifestyle merchandise to highly defined customer niches through brands including Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain, and BHLDN. Urban Outfitters, Inc., is both a Fortune 1000 and S&P 500 ranked company with over $2.5 Billion in revenues.
To follow the product from inception, including fabric & trim development and proto sampling, and final approval until the style is either production approved or dropped.
Production Assistant Functions
- Management and communication skills to work effectively with designers and vendors
- Problem predicting and problem solving skills that allow for a proactive approach to the business
- Organizational skills necessary to handle multiple tasks and reports and complete them within deadlines
- Ability to think analytically and plan strategically to the needs of the business
Assist in the management of the product development & production process
- Manage the product development time & action calendars in the system –identify exceptions to manager and offer solutions
- Order sample development yardage and maintain the fabric recap to ensure all information is updated and accurate
- Track all phases of development in PDM including fabric, wash, color, strike off, trim, artwork, pre-proto samples and finalization samples to ensure on time delivery
- Monitor development information to insure that costs and production parameters fall within reasonable standards for the brand
- Become knowledgeable of global sourcing of fabrics and trims
- Develop an understanding of Development Lead-times globally and use the knowledge to challenge vendors, working to reduce when possible
- Maintain all development reporting requirements including line plan analysis, calendar actualization & developed vs booked reports. Use information to improve process for future seasons
- Gather costing information and ensure costing report is updated and accurate
- Prepare all merchant cost sheets
- Gather mini markers and learn to look for efficiencies
- Work on price bucket targets for allocations purposes with management
- Understand any fit/ design changes that would effect price and follow up with vendors for revised prices as required
- Develop and understanding of global costing and labor rates by creating and maintaining a data base of final production SAM’s for all products and labor rates globally
- Develop an understanding of raw material costing for product development and negotiation purposes
Manage the Time and Action Process:
- Track all phases of adopted styles in PDM including fabric, wash, color, strike off, trim, artwork, 1st bulk fit approval samples ensuring on time delivery
- Coordinate with Production Team on any color / style assortment dates by establishing and ensuring vendors ability to meet those dates
- Gather target approval dates from vendors and challenge when needed. Maintain dates in PDM
- Oversee the flow of samples through the tech department with Web PDM and hands-on prioritization
- Analyze approval timing to ensure the process is efficient—look for places to improve
- Ensure all wash care instructions are disseminated to the vendors and troubleshoot any issues
- Order and track in all sales samples, photo shoot, presentation,
Management of WIP:
- Review all order placements management and place all orders. Finalize all deliveries with management input
- Ensure established place dates are adhered to
- Ensure all Final Fit approvals are complete prior to Target Approval Date by managing the 2nd & 3rd Bulk fitting process as required
- Advise size & color details as required
- Update confirmed deliveries in PDM
- Keep Wip and Supplier Business Recaps updated and accurate with orders, changes and issues.
- Review vendor Time & Actions Dates and challenge any fabric / cut and ship dates that are not acceptable. Roll up exceptions to management and offer solutions
- Continually follow up with factories to ensure styles are on the required production schedule and shipped on time—roll up any exceptions to management and offer solutions
- Track Ship document information and update Wip accordingly
- Ensure TOP samples sent by vendors and are approved when required by tech prior shipment due date.
- Ensure that factories have all labels in a timely manor and handle any price ticket issues
- Follow through with buyers to obtain all official PO’s with correct information in a timely manner and forward to factories.
- Press and UK samples to meet required deadlines
- Collect line review samples as required
At least 3 years’ experience in apparel production and/or import business
Bachelor’s degree in fashion related field.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...