Job Title: Freelance Design Consultant
Location: New York
Kelton is seeking a smart, capable, and thoughtful designer to play a key role in developing a variety of key client-facing deliverables. While this position requires a strong executional background in graphic, information, and interaction design, we’re looking for someone who has both design and conceptual skills. The ideal candidate will not only have the required design and technical expertise, but will also be help translate Kelton’s insights and strategies into beautiful, thought-provoking deliverables. Strategic thinking and deadline-driven performance are equally important in this fast-paced environment. Applicants should have a design or design-related degree in a relevant discipline and the requisite technical skills.
- Conceptualize and develop design and deliverables that address human, market, and business objectives for our clients.
- Together with a project team, synthesize research and strategy findings into meaningful information design.
- Through clear communication and thoughtful design, ensure overall team and client satisfaction.
- Well-versed and experienced in using design to integrate data and information and tell a compelling visual story.
- Able to use deliberate and purposeful visual language: typography, illustration, photography.
- Able to demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of brand/identity standards and creative execution against marketing strategy.
- Attention to detail, openness to flexibility, receptive to new approaches and methodologies.
- Team player, with positive attitude towards the creative process and strong understanding of consumer and business development marketing objectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must work both independently and as a team to estimate timelines and meet quick deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Driven by an urge to try new things.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be comfortable and willing to work in Microsoft PPT.
- Able to operate independently and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated presence and authority in dealing with people at all organizational levels.
Commesurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Send your WORD or PDF resume, cover letter and portfolio to
, using the subject "Freelance Design Consultant".