Are you a Graphic Artist with a love of internet and geek culture? If so, your dream assignment awaits! ThinkGeek is looking for a few freelance graphic artists to help design and manufacture the coolest, geekiest items in our hemisphere of the galaxy. Duties include product artwork, packaging artwork, sketches, illustration and more.
Most importantly, you'll get to work on some of the top sci-fi and gaming licenses in the world including Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Portal, Game of Thrones, Minecraft, and DOTA.
What we’re looking for:
Ideally, our freelance Graphic Artists can be at our Fairfax VA headquarters, Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week. This position is ineligible for benefits.
- Mad design chops. No fooling!
- Awesome illustration skills. Sketching, comics, concepts, etc.
- Acceptable typography and logo skills.
- Good knowledge of geek pop culture
- Self-starter, deadline focused, easy-going personality
- Expert use of Photoshop and Illustrator
- 40 hours per week availability Monday-Friday
- A portfolio of your work
What you don't need:
Previous work experience… but see above, you need to meet all the requirements.
What's in it for you?
- $15-20/hour; one month of work. (Guaranteed contract for 40 hours of work per week. Total 160 hours)
- A place to hang at our Fairfax VA office
- Friendly geek camaraderie
You must submit a portfolio of work to be considered for this position. No portfolio... we don't even look at your resume. So make sure you include one. Yes? You can submit a link, upload it, anyway you like.
But ThinkGeek, what happens after one month?
We need a bunch of talented, reliable designers. If you make the cut and we have the demand, we will extend your contract. Great performance means you could become a full time employee at an increased salary. Remember, all we guarantee you is 30 days of work to begin.