Freelance Marketing Outreach Coordinator
(New York NY)
Film Forum, an internationally recognized nonprofit cinema located in lower Manhattan, seeks a Freelance Outreach Coordinator to work with theater’s publicists and programming staff on grassroots marketing for its films.
- Expand and maintain scope of FF community/grassroots outreach on behalf of upcoming premieres (and repertory titles, as needed) in order to:
-drive advance group sales
-arrange social media/promotional swaps
-identify and optimize word-of-mouth opportunities
-forge strategic partnerships with other organizations
-enhance FF’s reputation/image as a progressive cultural institution
- Build a strong, current and fastidiously-maintained database of direct contacts for affinity/interest groups across a wide range of categories (e.g. Human rights, Jewish interest, African-American, LGBT, German, French, Asian, etc.)
- Take a proactive and creative approach to identifying and researching applicable outreach categories for upcoming calendar titles.
- Contact selected organizations on behalf of FF and follow up aggressively both via phone and email with a goal of brokering group sales, materials placement/exchange and/or inclusion in membership/constituency advisories/e-blasts.
- Work with interns to facilitate research and execute materials exchanges, street team efforts, etc.
- Create and maintain extensive grassroots contact database for FF.
- Meet weekly in person to discuss status and future outreach.
- Experience in marketing and/or grassroots outreach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including solid phone etiquette/experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Research experience
- Proficiency in Word and Excel (on both Mac and PC)
- Access to off-site computer and smartphone
Flat fee of $200/week ($20/hr for 10-hr work week), with number of hours to be reassessed and augmented as needed. No deductions. No benefits (beyond free movies/concessions).
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
New York Foundation for the Arts - 15 months ago