Razorfish is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It's a big challenge, but it's a big Internet, and there's work to be done.
We're seeking a Freelance Senior Information Architect in our Chicago office.
Qualified candidates must be able to travel to the client and work on-site at their corporate office Monday - Thursday every week.
The Information Architect is responsible for developing IA documentation (site maps, transaction flows, sketches, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models) for both web sites and applications. This is not a back-seat support role. You will actively collaborate with the Experience Lead, as well as other team members including other Information Architects, Content Strategists and User Researchers, and others from our Creative, Technology and Strategy groups. A firm understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be crucial to your success here. Ideal candidates will have a healthy sense of humor, a fondness for the conceptual and are ready to finally work in a place where they are no longer the smartest person in the room.
- Creating the information architecture and interaction design for transactional, informational, and marketing website
- Understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components
- Translating business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences
- Participating in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Participating in the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team's design efforts on the needs of key users
- Collaboratively developing prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients
- Conducting competitive audits and market research
- Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to execute on IA of complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems
- Demonstrated experience conducting or participating in user research and translating user research into design decisions
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it
- Experience developing architecture for mobile applications desired
This is a freelance opportunity.
- 5+ years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role)
- Degree in a related field, such as Library Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Technical Communications, English, History, Anthropology, Economics
- Advanced proficiency in a variety of design tools including Visio and/or InDesign, as well as the MS Office Suite
Razorfish - 11 months ago
Razorfish, Inc. is a digital strategy and services provider that helps organizations leverage technology to improve productivity, increase r...