Looking for a fast-paced job in an international environment? Glyph Language Services is currently seeking an English-to-French Translator/Linguist (native European French or Canadian French) to work in-house at our Spokane, Washington location. Join our innovative and flourishing firm as we continue on our path of rapid expansion.
Job Code: TR01-FR
About Glyph: Glyph Language Services is an industry leading translation, localization and international consulting firm dedicated to providing its clients with customized language solutions. Glyph fosters respectful and fruitful relationships with its employees and contractors by setting clear expectations, providing adequate tools and resources, and allowing people to work in ways that fit their unique lifestyles and skills.
Description: The in-house English-to-French Translator/Linguist will perform translation, proofreading and quality assurance tasks for ongoing and period translation projects.
Duties include the following:
- Translation from English to French and other applicable language pairs as required
- Proofreading and editing
- Testing and evaluation of freelance language specialists
- Preparation and processing of files for use in translation environment tools
- Translation Memory creation and maintenance
- Terminology extraction and glossary creation
- Preparation of style guides and reference documentation for larger translation projects
- Linguistic quality assurance
Some travel may be required, depending on location, for training and/or staff meetings.
- Native fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in French
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in German, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese a plus
- Two years’ translation experience or advanced college degree in translation desired
- Experience with translation environment tools, terminology and translation memory software desired (MemoQ)
- Solid MS Office Suite skills
- College degree: BA or MA or specialized diploma/certificate in translation desired
- Solid research skills
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
For immediate consideration please email your resume, a cover letter detailing relevant experience and your desired salary range. Please reference the above job code in your email.