Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manger and/or Assistant Front Office Manager, perform all duties connected with arriving and in-house guests, ensure that all our regular and VIP guests receive high quality, personalized service, an Engaging, Dynamic Guest Experience and maintain our guest recognition program.
Duties & Functions:
- Actively welcome, greet and check guests in
- Inform guests with savvy knowledge of hotel, its services, the city, and local ‘happenings’
- Ensure all requests are dealt with accurately and they receive the appropriate service, attention and follow up
- Differentiate between guest types and handle them in the appropriate manner; guests with confirmed or claimed reservation, walk ins, VIP guests, groups, etc.
- Follow up on all arrivals using the prescribed procedure, modification of registration cards, special requests, rate changes, room changes and account inquiries, reservation inquiries
- Deal with all guest requests, accidents and/or thefts promptly, no later than within a 20 minutes response time, record all matters in HotSos or hotel specific recording process
- Update and maintain the reception hand over book, pass on all guest feedback to the Manager on duty so appropriate action may be taken
- Ensure guest privacy and security, any confidential guest information is not disclosed and processes are aligned with MHG confidentiality standards
- Ensure the correct procedure and policy standards are adhered to
- Ensure all necessary supplies are available for the front desk, manage par stock and order supplies
- Comply with hotel credit policy as it relates to cash payments; credit card payments; account to company; voucher payment; third party payment, international currency, etc.
- Encourage up-selling in order to maximize rates
- Ensure work areas are cleaned and maintained at all times
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
Morgans Hotel Group - 16 months ago
Morgans Hotel Group (MHG) is part of a growing trend of staying in boutiques rather than shopping in them. The company owns (wholly or...