PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Location: Visionary Destin
1. Guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
2. Possess a thorough knowledge of resort, rates, packages and discounts - how to handle them and how they relate to other departments.
3. Possess a thorough knowledge of resort credit and check cashing policies and procedures and adhere to them.
4. Develop a proficient knowledge of computer system.
5. Develop a proficient knowledge of unit locations, types, outlets, hours of operation and staff.
6. Notify housekeeping of late check-outs, early departures, special requests, and early check-ins.
7. Develop a working knowledge of the reservations department; accept same day and future reservations when necessary.
8. Know cancellation procedure, as well as guest check-out and special handling procedures.
9. File and post charges and credits to master and city ledger accounts.
10. Read and initial pass-on log, real bulletin boards daily for updated information.
11. Have a daily function sheet at your station.
12. Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to management.
13. Answer phone by third ring using proper etiquette and modulations.
14. Keep the desk clean and neat using spare time and in proper uniform.
15. Maintain neat personal appearance in the public areas of the resort.
16. Use a favorable, attentive, and positive approach to all guests so that they get the best impression of the resort and its staff.
17. All clerks shall work flexible shifts.
18. Perform any reasonable request as directed by supervisor or management.
19. Be aware and utilize all safety procedures and caution on the job.
20. Other duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
• Budget responsibility is not in scope for this position.
It is essential that the employee support and integrate the Service Fundamentals of Sandestin Investments, LLC and interact effectively with guests and staff. The employee is expected to demonstrate a commitment to Sandestin Investments, LLC Service Fundamentals and professionalism through appropriate conduct at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous experience with hotel management software is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Employee should have basic computer skills
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• New Hire Orientation
• Departmental Training and Certification
• New Employee Orientation Part II
• Safety Training
• Standards of Business Conduct
• Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position does not require travel as a component of the job.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write company correspondence such as emails. Ability to speak to customers and employees.
Sandestin - 20 months ago