Responsible for all front desk duties including providing excellent customer service, check in / check out, and collections. Also, responsible for scheduling of appointments, obtaining referrals and preauthorizations / precertifications for appointments and procedures. Further duties outlined below.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Check out patients accurately, collect payment, and schedule follow-up appointments or tests accordingly.
2. Counsel patients on account issues and collect patient balance due.
3. Check in patients accurately and verify demographic and insurance information.
4. Post charges and payments, audit batches, reconcile and balance daily cash.
5. Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous manner.
6. Ensure appropriate referral authorization and/or precertification is in place.
7. Be alert to patients and assist with ambulatory or other needs.
8. Answer telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
9. Screen visitors, pharmaceutical representatives, and sales persons appropriately. Respond to routine requests for information and/or direct visitor to appropriate staff.
1. Obtain or confirm required demographic, billing, and insurance information.
2. Schedule appointments and tests according to established protocols.
3. Confirm appointments daily for future appointments.
4. Maintain assigned physicians’ appointment schedules.
5. Work with team to ensure patient appointment needs are met.
6. Explain Clinic payment and insurance policies.
7. Obtain referral, pre-certification, or authorization information when required and generate a case to link with the appointment.
1. Schedule all diagnostic and surgical procedures performed in facilities other than physician's office.
2. Obtain authorizations, referrals, or pre-certification for patient’s procedures and/or office visits as required by plan.
3. Ensure documentation of referral, authorization or pre-certification is entered into clinic’s computer system, referral module, or case as necessary.
4. Monitor referral module/Logician daily regarding pending referral for approval and/or requests for additional information.
5. Determine appropriate facility for surgery or diagnostic testing.
6. Coordinate date and time between physician schedule and patient availability.
7. Coordinate date and time with appropriate facility to perform procedure.
1. Verify insurance eligibility and identity of all patients. Ask for and review photo id and insurance card at every encounter.
2. Use IDX eligibility to either submit request or review previous requests for eligibility.
3. Edit insurance that is loaded in IDX and/or load new updated insurance information.
1. Perform duties in a safe manner according to Clinic policies and procedures and remain current on safety information related to the work environment.
2. Maintain confidentiality of patient records and conversations.
3. Adhere to Clinic dress code.
4. Work as a team member, interacting with staff, patients and physicians to communicate and coordinate patient flow effectively.
5. Support the team as appropriate to maintain patient care standards.
6. Maintain work area, and waiting rooms in a clean and orderly manner.
7. Must be willing to work at any of ADC’s current or future locations if requested.
8. Follow policies and procedures for requesting time off and calling in sick; report for duty at appointed hour, and always wear ID Badge.
9. Complete 80 hours of training during the initial year of employment. Attend all mandatory training sessions and elective training classes as available.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Maintain required records, reports, and files.
2. Work to improve systems and procedures and identify problems and recommend solutions.
3. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager/Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Ability to learn patient account policies, billing practices, clinic policies, and procedures. Ability to learn internal coding, ICD-9 and CPT codes. Ability to learn medical terminology and insurance industry. Ability to perform basic accounting functions. Must demonstrate skill in using computer/PC, calculator, telephone, fax, and copy machine. Must have ability to learn and perform tasks on the Clinic’s computer system. Ability to sort and file material correctly by alpha or numeric systems. Ability to work under pressure. Communicate clearly and effectively with patients, staff, and physicians. Be flexible and work effectively. Assist other staff and physicians under the discretion of the Patient Access Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic - 8 months ago
Front Desk BA
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic
- 6 days ago
At the Austin Diagnostic Clinic, our foot and ankle specialists aim to provide comprehensive management of a wide variety foot and ankle...