Seeking an enthusiastic, energetic person to join our front office team.
Organization Name: Huntington Hotel Group
Organization Website: http://www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com
About Our Organization: Huntington Hotel Group specializes in the operation and management of Marriott and Hilton branded select service hotels; the premier brands in the hospitality industry.
Job Title: Front Desk Clerk
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager and Supervisor
Position Summary: Accommodates patrons of the hotel by registering and assigning rooms, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts, confirming reservations, presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests, supplying information on hotel services and area information, and communicating guest requests to relevant departments.
Greets all guests upon arrival and ensures a fast, efficient check-in process including verification of customer’s identification, credit and payment for stay, assigning room keys, and arranging for escort if needed.
Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services and amenities, registration of guests, area dining and entertainment, and travel directions.
Takes messages and ensures their prompt delivery.
Handles all incoming calls through PBX console in a polite and professional manner using standard phraseology and routing to the right department, guestroom, meeting room or facility.
Reviews accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
Handles all in-house calls and communicates guest comments, complaints, and requests to the appropriate departments and managers.
Arranges tours, taxis or other transportation, or restaurant reservations for guests upon request.
Arranges storage and delivery of incoming packages, facsimiles, luggage, and mail.
Carries out specified duties in the event of a fire alarm, bomb threat, guest or employee medical emergency, or system failure.
Manages wake-up calls and ensures their timely delivery according to prescribed procedure.
Provides outstanding guest service.
Arrives for scheduled shift on time.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Demonstrates aggressive hospitality skills, which include:
- Smile and greet every guest
- Speak to the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest, pay complete attention
- Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them
- Be knowledgeable about your job
- LEARN to take ownership of guest problems and resolve them
- Well presented; is well groomed and can conform to the hotel’s dress code
- Communicates well with others
- Good organization skills
- Is flexible and has what it takes to get the job done
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Possesses a total commitment to guest satisfaction
- Fast paced, sometimes noisy environment
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.
FLSA: non - exempt
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Huntington Hotel Group - 2 years ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...