• Ensuring exceptional customer service is given to each individual that comes through the center doors or via phone including patients and visitors.
• Greet all patients, introduce them to the center, and make sure schedule reflects appointment status.
• Give exceptional customer service to patients by offering beverage, coffee, juice or water, to make them feel comfortable.
• Check out patients, schedule next appointment and provide appointment card.
• Maintain accountability for the schedule book.
• Identify and address visitor’s needs. Introduce visitors to the appropriate personnel that will assist with their concerns.
• Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications schedule, Care Credit and any other systems as required.
• Conduct confirmation calls for appointments at least 2 business days in advance as directed by Office Manager. Update status of appointment to “left message, confirmed, etc.” Enter any special notes if applicable.
• Pull next day’s patient charts, filing, faxing as needed and prepare new patient charts. Organize charts according to scheduled appointment time.
• Maintain inventory of all supplies and forms listed on the “Front Office” inventory list and re-stock items as needed.
• Check the general email for the center and forward to the appropriate staff member.
• Review clerical and billing records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Organize and maintain file system and file correspondence and other records including patient files.
• Keep Font Desk and Lobby area clean, in “white” glove condition, and clear of clutter at all times. Ensure that lobby media is on the appropriate setting.
• Adhere to both the Front Desk Coordinator Guidelines and the Coordinator Checklist.
• Perform opening/closing duties as directed.
• Enter payments on computer and credit card transactions.
• Log any and all payments received throughout the day and document as needed.
• Print daily close out reports on scheduling system and review for accuracy. Batch credit card terminals as needed (verify that all daily totals are accurate before batching out terminals i.e. credit card, care credit, etc.).
• Verify all invoices are accurate, notify Manager if there are any discrepancies so they can be corrected as needed.
• Fill deposit slips for all received and cash and checks. Give to Office Manager for deposit or place in designated area provided by Office Manager.
• Give copy of receipt to patient and file original in patient file.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be familiar with MS Office and have the ability to learn computer operating systems.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires using the telephone and computer while communicating with internal and external customers and vendors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand and walk for periods of time. Employee may need to lift up to 10 pounds on occasion. May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.