Job Overview: Responsible for providing quality guest service as it pertains to checking in/out of hotel guests; PBX operations to include mail/message service; taking hotel reservations; and concierge services in a gracious and professional manner. Demands accuracy with daily accounting procedures.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
6. Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
7. High school graduate.
8. Previous hotel experience.
9. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
10. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. Previous guest relations training
2. Previous experience with automated property management system
Essential Job Functions:
• Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a confident, professional, and friendly manner and offer Joy of Life Club.
• Initiate call back after check-in to ensure guest is satisfied with accommodations as well as offer any assistance.
• Adhere to the principles of ResPlus including the “Perfect ResPlus Call” and the “Call Back Program”.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Provide gracious and efficient telephone service as it relates to general PBX services. Calls should be answered
• Promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
• Review arrivals noting special requests and blocking rooms as necessary for VIP/Joy of Life Club Members and group arrivals.
• Complete all items as listed on shift checklists.
• Ensure proper credit card procedures are followed at all times to include credit card imprint and guest signature on registration slip.
• Adhere to all cashiering procedures: open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash,
• Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity deliver).
• Provide Concierge service - fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Keep the front desk as well as lobby areas clean and well organized.
• Assist with reservations calls in a manner consistent with ResPlus principles.
• Legibly document maintenance needs on Second Effort Log and submit to Manager.
• Develop relationships with local service providers: bonded baby-sitters, florists, beauty shops, etc.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 17 months ago
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...