• Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments.
• Maintains a friendly and caring demeanor at all times in a fast pace environment.
• Maintains a professional image at all times that falls within the hotel and company guidelines for appearance and dress.
• Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
• Schedules guest service agents, lobby and door assistants, and James Assistants (PBX).
• Oversees the reviews, training and development of team members to achieve James Hotel service quality standards;
• Oversees and participates in guest registration;
• Motivates staff and establishes a productive environment The James Hotel Chicago;
• Performs all jobs when needed within the Front Desk, Lobby, Door and James Assistants
• Assists in achieving budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the rooms department;
• Assists revenue management with the implementation and execution of programs to ensure The James Hotel Chicago’s room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met;
• Analyzes and generates reports and communicates information to employees and appropriate departments;
• Is knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation;
• Maintains correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions;
• Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures;
• Strives to increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development and quality image;
• Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction;
• Follows The James Hotel Chicago company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate the to subordinates;
• Assists in recruiting and staffing department using James Hotels company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews);
• Assists with conducting training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines;
• Fulfills Manager on Duty Shifts;
• Assists with leading monthly departmental meetings.
Non Essential Functions:
• Any and all other duties deemed necessary by a member of management.
• Be involved in departmental meetings and committees.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong customer service skills
• Guest centric oriented
• Knowledge about the area
• Strong Oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organizational ability
• Computer skills
• Able to exert up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently
• Ability to lead and motivate staff
• Able to work nights, weekends and holidays when business needs dictates.
• Able to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
• May be required to be on call when away from work.
• College Degree or equivalent. Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in Front Office in a luxury hotel preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred
Denihan Hospitality Group - 19 months ago