• Updates / monitors daily payroll, ensuring all associates are punching in/out correctly
• Creates front office schedules for associates to present for approval to Assistant Director of Front office or Director of Front Office.
• Oversees Cash and Bank handling procedures with all associates on a daily basis and ensures adherence to company standards.
• Conducts Arrival and Departure audits in all areas of the Front Office.
• Assists Guests Service Agents as needed with unresolved problems which arise during the shift and takes a “hands on” approach with guest “check in” and “check out”.
• Provides updated room availability and rate information to guest service agents and other managers as directed.
• Ensures that housekeeping discrepancy reports are resolved.
• Generates variance report on rates, guests types and group and a credit limit report each shift.
• Fulfills any special requests and ensures special room assignments are completed for individual and group arrivals.
• Ensures all associates have completed their work prior to the end of the work shift, including checklists, cash drops, etc.
• Pre-Shifts arriving associates on daily information and any special instructions prior to the start of their shift.
• Ensures GSA Collateral duties list is complete.
• Prepares and participates in Coaching / Counseling process (Disciplinary Action Forms) for Assistant Director of Front Office or Director of Front Office to review and facilitate.
• Participates in preparing annual performance appraisals and in determining reasonable and equitable employee compensation.
• Promotes growth and development of associates by providing on going training.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven team leader or displays high leadership potential with a high level of energy and motivation.
• Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability.
• High School Diploma.
• Direct experience in front office operations.
• Previous management experience or leadership role.
• Fire Safety Certificate.
• CLS knowledge.
• Fluency in one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese or German.
• Hospitality Degree.
DHG is a full service hotel management and development company built upon a successful 50-year foundation in real estate, guest service, and...