This is a seasonal position; May-September.
The Front Desk Manager is responsible for supervising the overall daily operations of the front desk to provide the highest level of services to guests of the Denali River Cabins & Cedars Lodge. The front desk deals with each guest who checks in, sells them tours, solves guest problems, oversees and operates the gift shop, and is responsible for all guest rooming assignments. The front desk oversees the general operation of the rooms by generating rooming, porter, housekeeping, and maintenance lists each day. Throughout the day the front desk constantly co-ordinates with all departments and keeps them updated with changes that occur.
• Resolves customer problems and ensures that each guest receives excellent customer service
• Generates daily rooming assignments from reservations requests and group manifests
• Assists escorts and drivers with tour groups
• Maintains group status reports and works directly with all on-site managers to ensure proper coverage is made for group arrivals
• Is responsible for workload distribution to appropriate staff. Coordinates with office personnel to resolve problems and provide reservations backup
• Makes recommendations to management regarding staffing for front desk personnel; participates in interviewing and selecting qualified front desk personnel; trains and supervises all front desk/gift shop staff; makes daily work schedules; conducts employee evaluations; and documents employee conduct for front desk personnel
• Fills in and covers shifts at the front desk as needed
• Monitors and maintains gift shop inventories
• Applies knowledge of the tourism industry in general and Doyon Tourism, Inc. specifically to effectively sell reservations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a pleasant, courteous, and helpful demeanor when resolving customer complaints
• Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with co-workers
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Provide leadership to the front desk staff
• Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
• Self motivated and sales oriented
• Experience with computerized reservations systems or strong computer skills
• Good cash handling skills
• Supervisory experience in the hospitality business
• Demonstrated knowledge with computer systems
• Previous front office experience
• Commitment to stay the entire season
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The season is approximately mid-May through mid-Sept. A pre-season training may occur during the mid-April through mid-May timeframe in Fairbanks at the Doyon Tourism offices. Mid-May through mid-September is at the Denali River Cabins in Denali National Park.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to work under pressure to provide
quality guest services and the individual will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands, and customer needs. Requires short periods of light lifting, pushing, and pulling (1-50 lbs.) [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Doyon Government Group
- 2 years ago - save job