Front Desk Office Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform word processing duties for all project related documents (memos, letters, field reports, transmittals, meeting minutes, travel itineraries, CAD release forms).
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls, take messages as necessary. Greet visitors who come to the office and locate the appropriate person to assist them.
- Assist Accounting by being the contact person and data entering for miscellaneous expenses (cabs, couriers, UPS, Verizon, photo copy usage log) in Vision,. Follow up with Project Managers and Accounting Department regarding closed out projects or Business Development expenses. Ensure appropriate project number allocation for overhead charges. Prepare back up for Accounting Department.
- Process and distribute mail on a daily basis. Accept deliveries and direct them to the appropriate person. Prepare packages and apply postage to all outgoing mail. Make arrangements for special deliveries via courier, UPS, and Federal Express. Calling cab company. Responsible for supplying postage meter as needed.
- Maintain the reception area and conference room in client ready condition. Maintain clean, organized front desk area.
- Responsible for coordinating and setting up meetings (video conferencing equipment, print outs, ordering and setting up food, scheduling conference rooms and call in numbers).
- Create purchase orders, complete AMEX reports and back up each month.
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Act as back- up to the administrative staff.
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes, a profit sharing and 401 (K) plan, generous cost-shared health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, disability and long term care benefits, bonus opportunities, paid time off benefits and flextime.
- Previous reception or administrative experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required, PowerPoint a plus).
- Typing speed minimum 40-45 wpm with accurate key boarding skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills.
- Must have an excellent phone manner and be very articulate.
- Present oneself in professional attire and demeanor at all times.
- Must have knowledge and be able to use office equipment, including photocopiers, facsimile machines, desktop calculator telephone systems, postage meters, GBC or other binding machines.
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 15 months ago