POSITION: Front Desk Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in private management of public facilities, has an employment opportunity for an Front Desk Receptionist for the Palm Springs Convention Center. For more information about our organization, please visit the following web sites: www.palmspringscc.com, www.visitpalmsprings.com, www.smgworld.com
- Welcomes and greets colleagues, guests and clients.
- Announces and directs guests.
- Answers main telephone lines, take and deliver messages and retrieve voice mail.
- Records after hours phone recording for upcoming events.
- Monitors front office areas, conference rooms and break room areas to ensure areas are clean and organized.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Answers questions about organization and events.
- Monitors quality and training of personnel for front desk coverage and processes.
- Maintains guest sign-in sheets/logs, parking requests and welcome signs for site tours.
- Assists Executive Management Team in special projects.
- Assists Finance with reports and logs incoming checks and related projects as needed.
- Arranges meetings, appointments and events as necessary and maintain conference room schedules.
- Assists with travel arrangements as necessary.
- Maintains phone and email directories, master contact lists and general organizational information.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies including, faxes, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Monitors copier and supply areas to ensure areas are maintained and organized.
- Maintains inventory of branded office supplies including letterhead, business cards, note cards, etc and order as needed.
- Develops, creates and distributes employee monthly newsletter.
- Distributes and receives signatures for paychecks or other HR related materials.
- Works with Human Resources in planning colleague events.
- Assists with data entry/input of leads for Bureau of Tourism and other marketing projects as needed.
- Attends monthly safety meetings, take and maintain safety meeting minutes.
- Works with Director of Tourism in coordination of “Best of the Best” event.
- Promotes and fulfills service levels standards.
- Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
- Maintains and develops position processes and information.
- Assists the department and organization with various projects and special assignments as needed.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not require any special education.
- Previous experience working in a front office environment preferred.
- Previous experience handling multi-line phone system preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Publisher and Outlook.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Ability to use general office equipment including; computers, fax machines and copy machines.
- Ability to communicate positively and clearly.
- Knowledge of the Palm Springs area including hotels, restaurants, retail and entertainment options.
- Professional appearance and attitude is essential.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
If you meet the minimum requirements above, please download and application at www.palmspringscc.com
SMG - The Palm Springs Convention Center and Bureau of Tourism
277 North Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, CA 92262
No Phone Calls Please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D