The Desmond Hotel & Conference Center,located at the entrance of the Albany International Airportand minutes from downtown Albany andmajor business centers including GEandthe Capital District'sthriving nano-tech industry center, is seeking a Front Desk Representativeto join our professional team.The Desmond is a premier property offering colonial charm and contemporary comfortin our323 well appointed guest rooms and suites, two beautifully landscaped all-season atria and over 24,000 square feet of function meeting space. We have combined|
abusiness-friendly environment featuring a state-of-the-art conferencing facilities and amphitheater.
We believe our guests select The Desmond because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and a meaningful experience.
We are seeking a Front Desk Representativewhowillmake a positive impactonourexternal and internal customer.If you thrive on providing excellent service, have verifiable references that supportyourwork experience,show apositive attitude andare able to complete the following job requirements, we would love for you toexplore thiscareer opportunity.
BASIC JOB FUNCTION: To assist guests in all FrontDesk related functions in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner that maintains high standards of service and hospitality.
*Register guests and assign guestrooms in an accurate and friendly manner, always seeking to satisfy the customer. Accommodate guest special requests and act as liaison to other areas within the Hotel. *Coordinate room status updates withotherDepartments by notifying them of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins,andday rooms.
*Use suggestive selling techniques to upsell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
*Process guest checkout procedures.
* Ability tounderstands and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing policies and procedures,follow procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guest,answer telephones and record accurate messagesusing proper telephone etiquette, andprovideSwitchboard and Reservations coverage.
* Follow all Safety and Security guidelines andEmergency proceduresto ensure guest and employee safety.
* Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the Front Office area.
* Provides added coverage for Front Office and switchboard when needed.
* Performs all other assigned duties to assist in efficient departmental operation.
*High school diploma or equivalent.
* Twoor four year college degree in Hospitality or related field preferred.
* Excellent public relations and communications skills.
* Requires wearinga Hotel issueduniform and ability to fulfill related Hotel personal appearance standards. Must be able to providea flexible work schedule.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 18 months ago