Overall Responsibilities Qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate must be able to stand the full eight hours of his shift, with the exception of ten-minute breaks and lunch periods. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Provide leadership in coordinating and facilitating regular department meetings. Attend regular Front Office leadership meetings.
- Train associates, in classroom style or one-on-one to continually develop the staff that directly reports to you.
- Administer discipline as needed. Administer progress reviews to associates per schedule.
- Participate in committees/activities outside of the department.
- May be responsible for scheduling and managing payroll for all of the department.
- One Year of Hilton Brand experience required
- Always use guest name. Listen intently to each guest, focusing directly on them during each interaction.
- Use aggressive hospitality skills, which include:
- Smile and Greet every Guest
- Speak to the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest, pay complete attention
- Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them
- Be knowledgeable about your job
- LEARN to take ownership of guest problems and resolve them
- Responsible for running all day-to-day activities of the Front Desk.
- To coordinate shift operation in accordance with corporate and local SOP’s emphasizing guest hospitality by motivating and directing employees to work as a team thereby presenting a professional, aggressive and well trained staff
- Manage the operational and staffing functions of their shift.
- Primary focus should be assisting the Front desk associates with check-ins, check-outs, banking out, shift closing, and other general support functions.
- Maintain and promote Guest Hospitality during shifts at all times.
- Be able to train or instruct Front Desk Associates on a day-to-day basis when needed.
- Stock Suite Shop on a daily basis. Check storage rooms and place orders with Medco before we run out of items.
- Run and print out CRM Arrivals and pre check-in any HHONORS coming in for the day.
- Administer discipline and counseling when needed. Involve Front Desk Manager in disciplinary situations when required.
- Assist Front Desk Associates with Guest problems or complaints.
- Ensure that equipment at the Front Desk is in working order. Failure of Front Desk equipment needs to be reported immediately.
- Thoroughly complete supervisor’s checklist by the end of your shift.
- Control Front Desk Associates overtime.
- Be familiar with day-to-day selling strategy of rooms.
- Have knowledge of any and all promotions and/or current programs (i.e. HHonors, Hotel Packages) etc.
- Lead daily Rooms Control operations.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and be in proper uniform at all times.
- Ensure that all information pertinent to the desk or related areas is passed on to the following shift manager or supervisor.
- Language skills: Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- The Hotel functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an associate from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management, which the associate is capable of performing.
- Interviewed with AGM, HR manager & GM.
- College degree preferred
- 1 or 2 rating on most recent review
- No written warnings in the last six months
- The work environment characteristics described here are the responsibilities of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions, and is regularly exposed to vibration. The associate is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The associate occasionally works in high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Huntington Hotel Group
- 2 years ago - save job