Renaissance Palm Springs is a beautiful destination resorts with 410 rooms.
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR
Department: Front Office (Rooms Division)
Supervisor: Front Office Manager
To supervise the front desk associates and functions; train the associates, manage the room inventory and insure guest satisfaction; operate PBX equipment and efficiently budget labor and controllable expenses.
I. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Appearance: Pleasant, professional, neat and clean hands and nails, well-groomed, conservative hairstyle and jewelry, neatly trimmed beard or mustache, if applicable.
2. Behavior: Friendly, positive, professional, interested in job and guests, wants to learn, team oriented, service oriented.
3. Basic Skills: Honest, loyal, dependable, organizational and planning skills, management and supervisory skills, basic math.
4. Communication Skills: Good grammar, strong verbal skills, legible handwriting, able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates, high degree of verbal communication.
5. Other: Leadership capabilities, understanding of guests’ needs and desires, adaptable to change.
II. JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Previous Experience: Previous front desk clerk and supervisory duties, money handling, computerized Front Office Management System.
2. Special Skills: Ability to solve guest and associate problems, salesmanship, training ability of desk clerks, attention to detail, observant, responsible.
3. Product Knowledge: Hotel room procedures, hotel facilities.
4. Other: Ability to work well under pressure, familiarization of other front office procedures, and knowledge of city.
Peer Positions: Bell Captain
Next Level: Front Office Manager
Cross Training: Reservations, PBX, bell service, concierge, housekeeping.