Considering the market changes and in order to improve the Front Desk Supervisor’s career, to be multipurpose and to manage multiple tasks will be expected. To ensure the operation and the quality of the service, changes into other departments such as: Housekeeping, Sales, Food and Beverage, Accounting, etc, can happen, to medium or large term, with or without previous announcement.
Responsible to supervise the Front Desk according to the hotel standards. Lead the team; keep the service and the Rosewood philosophy in order to be an example for the rest of the employees. Solve any situation or problem that could take place in the work area. Also, responsible for the training and development of the front desk team, according with the Rosewood policies.
FINANCIAL TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
1. To become attached strictly to the operation expenses established to ensure that the costs are controlled.
2. Maximize the labor force with all the departments to ensure the use of all the resources.
3. Ensure that all services are correctly charged and applied in the respective account.
4. Monitor, control and verify that all transactions are inserted in the system and they all finish its normal process during each shift.
5. Appropriated handling of the company’s values, following precise the accounting policies and procedures.
OPERATIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
1. Ensure that all departments work providing an efficient, professional and flexible service, all the time according to Rosewood standards.
2. Have the knowledge and the skills to supervise, correct and perform all the tasks assigned to the work area.
3. Ensure that the whole work area is always clean and all the employees help to keep it that way.
4. Become attached to the service standards established.
5. Assign tasks to the front desk agents and evaluate constantly their performance.
6. Be aware of all work areas, especially during days with a high occupancy.
7. Ensure the front desk is fully stock with all the supplied needed for the daily operation.
8. Lead a briefing with the team before each shift starts.
9. Handle all suggestions and guest complains in a courteous and efficient manner, report them to the Front Desk Manager, in case of not having the solution for the guest complain, ensure guest is receiving assistance from the right person.
10. Establish a friendly relationship with all the guests.
11. Ensure all front desk agents establish a friendly relationship with the guests too.
12. Ensure that all the employees have a professional, warm and sincere image.
13. Assist guest during the check in process.
14. Be aware of the emergency procedures.
15. Coordinate satellites check in (organize schedule, staff and set up).
16. Ensure suites are Inspected before to take guest to their suites during the Check in.
17. Anticipate guest needs, answer as quickly as possible and recognize all the guests.
18. Have a complete knowledge of the outlets, their services and schedules.
19. Be aware of the arrivals status, coordinate amenities, if necessary.
20. Have a full knowledge of the suite types, location, rates, promotions and packages.
21. Know the occupancy per day, number of arrivals, departures, availability, VIP´s and groups in house.
22. Do all additional tasks that are not listed in this job description and that are requested by supervisor or manager related with the front desk department.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES WITH FRONT DESK AGENTS
1. Identify the training needs and create training programs.
2. Ensure all front desk agents have the training and skills to provide a service according the Rosewood standards.
3. Ensure all front desk agents clock in on time, wearing the appropriate uniform, clean and complete.
4. Keep the training manual updated.
5. Cover the front desk agent’s meals time.
6. Ensure all the front desk agents have a full knowledge and understanding of the hotel rules and regulations.
7. Keep a professional relationship with the rest of the department’s employees.
8. File each written warning or unattendance.
9. Control and register the daily front desk agent’s attendance.
10. Apply internal audits to ensure that all standards are kept in every transaction or guest interaction.
11. Lead a briefing with the team before each shift starts.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS
1. Ensure that the lobby area and the heart of the house is always clean, organized and in perfect shape.
2. Assist the engineering, housekeeping and reservations departments, with the room’s assignation in case of the suites that need maintenance.
3. Assist all front office operation including other departments (Concierge, Bellman, Bots, and PBX) besides the front desk if needed.
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts - 2 years ago