Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Front End Designer
Additional technical requirements include; HTML/CSS and Web Standards, Firebug, IE Developer Toolbar or similar, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver).
This position reports to the Director, User Experience & Design and is located at our Oakbrook Terrace, IL facility.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Translates Information Architecture and Wireframe deliverables into final design concepts.
- Creates and maintains visual design standards, such as: visual interface design systems and elements, new on-screen layouts, typography, photography/imagery, buttons, promotions, rich-media (Video/Flash), design templates and other graphical needs.
- Ensures brand & UI consistency across products (kiosk, web, mobile, digital), and provide suggestions on how to take the UI to the next level.
- Provides input into wireframes and requirements based on enhanced design experience.
- Uses presentation skills to present designs to team members & stakeholders, and sell concepts and solidify design decisions.
- Works comfortably within a team environment, contributes to team performance, assists with cross-medium designs and production (kiosk web, print, digital, mobile), contributes ideas, and welcomes constructive feedback.
- Utilize our Content Management System (CMS) to develop & implement personalized and targeted widgets and modules for display on HTML-based interfaces on multiple products: web, mobile web, kiosk, API.
- Transform design comps, wireframes, and prototypes into functional web interfaces.
- Contribute to the standardization of coding standards and processes.
- Produce front-end code that adheres to web standards and best practice guidelines.
- Collaborate very closely with Software Developers, Creative Designers, and Information Architects to ensure successful implementation of new interface design and functionality.
- Finds acceptable solutions and/or compromises for cross-browser and cross-platform code interpretation inconsistencies.
- Negotiates deadlines and priorities to set expectations, maintain stakeholder satisfaction, and deliver projects on time and on schedule.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, issues, and priorities effectively and simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with interaction design principles.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and actively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Solid communication & organizational skills.
- Awareness and understanding of latest user interface and interaction design trends.
- The Front-End Designer must be able to work well in teams, as well as be able to identify tasks and deliverables, and collaborate effectively between Creative and Software Development teams.
- Working URLs or an online portfolio demonstrating previous accomplishments is required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the automated retailing industry is preferred.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Redbox - 17 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...