- The Front End Developer is responsible for coding up user interfaces for website and internal applications, website troubleshooting, assisting development and QA with special projects, taking an active role in planning and cleaning up code for SEO, style guide/code conformity, page weight, and optimization.
- Must have 4-6 years of professional website coding experience and is in charge of overseeing site optimization, acting as a liaison between the creative department and NOC and IT, updating internal documentation, and helping the Marketing and Creative Directors when necessary.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment as a Team player.
- Must have the desire to continue growth and learning in coding skills.
- Must be willing to learn and apply new skills as required to ensure the company's success.
- Work with different development and QA teams to code HTML/CSS mockups, test, and verify projects through development process.
- Oversee site optimization for SEO, cleaner and concise code, and code weight.
- Act as Liaison between creative department and NOC and IT. May have to work off-hours when issues come up.
- Update internal documentation when new tools are available for designers to use and distribute the information to web designers and their managers.
- Create reusable HTML and CSS modules
- Update/maintain in-house server side template language.
- Must have a passion for clean semantic markup, with an attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding UI design, Usability, and Accessibility.
- Must be a CSS guru, with full understanding of specificity and cascade.
- Must know how to whip IE7 into submission and tame any other browser inconsistencies that pop up.
- Must be able to work fast and under pressure to create pages, wireframes, and fix bugs.
- Must be passionate about web standards.
- 3 plus years of professional website coding experience.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field experience.
- Experience with LESS.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 features & semantics.
- Experience coding for mobile websites.
- Knowledge of CSS3 browser compatibility.
- Working knowledge of JSON & AJAX.