FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide®. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
A Front End Developer will develop and maintain freshdirect’s storefront and support applications user interface. Analyze and Develop html/css pages using comprehensive design images. Integrate, test and document front end applications in freshdirect ecommerce ecosystem.
- Realize HTML / CSS pages from comprehensive design images
- Implement HTML / CSS pages with backend integration using various frameworks like JSP, GWT
- Receives clear,detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on allmatters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities.
- Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignmentsfrom Teamleader. Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from Teamleader for new,difficult, or special projects/assignments.
- Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults wit Teamleader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents.
- Plans and arries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Teamleader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications.
- Plans, designs and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives little no supervision from Teamleader
- No supervisory responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in related
- 6+ years in web font-end development, including dynamic front-end applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
- Familiarity with current front-end UI frameworks like JSP, GWT, YUI
- An understanding of the general architecture of web-based services, and relation of the UI to the rest of the application architecture
- Willingness and motivation to learn new frameworks & languages
- Experience in full software life cycle development from inception to transition
- Great communication skills,highly self-motivated and good teamwork
being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender(except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability,sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status,domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor
protected by federal, state, or local law.
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...