Just like YouTube was born from our personal experience, so is AVOS (pronounced ah- vohs ). When Chad and Steve founded YouTube in 2005 they were looking for a way to share videos online with friends. Now eight years later, people upload 100 hours of video to the site each minute. At AVOS we are building new tools to help people to create, find and share great multimedia content.
We are experimenting with new forms of expression and collaboration through photos and videos, including removing technical and social barriers that prevent people from creating higher quality digital content, working on it with others and distributing it online. We make it easy for people to tell a story and make something beautiful that others want to share.
Our products include Delicious, MixBit, Wanpei, and OpenAlbum.
Do you have a passion for user experience? Are you interested in challenging yourself with new and interesting technical problems? If this sounds like you, our Front End team would love to hear from you.
Skills & Requirements
- Up-to-date experience with latest technologies including HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong design and focus on user experience
- Proactive self-starter who takes ownership and works well independently and as part of a team
- Expertise in one of the following: Ruby, Python, Java, or C/C++.
- You don't just use libraries, but understand how they work, and their limitations; can build utilities when needed.
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
AVOS is headquartered in San Mateo, California with additional offices in Beijing, China and Dunedin, New Zealand. AVOS closed a Series A financing led by New Enterprise Associates and Google Ventures with participation from Madrone Capital and China-based incubator Innovation Works.
- 401k Matching, Full Benefits, and Flexible work hours
- Catered meals and Snacks provided
- In-office basketball, gym, and mini golf
- Easy access to Caltrain (2 blocks away!)