Growing tech company is seeking smart, talented front end engineers who are excited about working on closely integrated teams to push the boundaries of what we can do with code. We focus on fast, iterative development and collaborative, interactive programming. Developers work on small cross-functional teams that have a voice in setting their own priorities and are expected to build and deploy applications quickly and iteratively.
Signs of a good fit:
* you're comfortable writing in pure JS in the absence of a framework
* you're excited about HTML5/CSS3 transitions, local storage, @font-face, flexbox, and all sorts other things
* you have strong feelings one way or another about OO/MVC frameworks like Backbone.js / SproutCore / etc
* you revere folks in the community like Crockford, Resig, Irish, and others
* advanced experience with AJAX / caching / local storage
* familiarity with performance and debugging tools like Firebug, YSlow, Charles, Fiddler, etc
* strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues
* interest in UI design / graphic design
* basic knowledge of a server-side scripting language (like Perl, Ruby, PHP, etc)
Desired (but optional) skills:
* HTML5/CSS3 for mobile
* experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
* proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc
* experience with HTML5 canvas / SVG / vector graphics
* graphic design experience
* familiarity with Linux command line and text editors
Not the right fit for you but thinking of making a move? We have plenty of other engineering positions available, so drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you're after. We can make the right introductions to accelerate your career!
The People Project specializes in tech recruiting solutions for growing companies and connects technical talent to amazing opportunities. Working with a select group of clients in the startup community of NYC we have a variety of technical opportunities available. We are currently seeking experienced Senior Front End Engineer to join a great team in NY. See below for more information from our client and let us know if you think it's the right job for you!
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES OR CANDIDATES READY TO MOVE TO NYC WILL BE CONSIDERED.
WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR VISAS AT THIS TIME
People Project - 15 months ago