Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 25,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2013 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Front End Engineer for our Plano, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and/or processes. Gathers and analyses user and system requirements, respond to outages and creates application system models. Prepares concepts for information system solutions and may evaluate the costeffectiveness of these concepts. May coordinate system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production team; constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system / application traceability. Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Applies and enhances policies, standards and procedures. Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work product. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Consistently applies learned processes, procedures and workflows to include (however not limited to) the software development lifecycle and/or release processes.
- Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, coding of medium to high complexity, unit testing of core system functionality and corrects defects during various phases of testing.
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques. Creates system documentation/play book and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives more complex work packages from manager/delegates. Develops accurate estimates, and creates project and component work packages based on specifications.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability and resolves complex technical design issues.
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of IT work experience.
- 4+ years Client Side MVC frameworks such as Backbone or YUI experience.
- 4+ years of working with cross platform/browser compatibility experience.
- Experience in writing production ready CSS following enterprise coding standards.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- 4+ year's client side development and object oriented programming experience.
- 2+ years experience leading teams of developers implement large projects.
- Experience with server side object oriented development.
- Be able to write compliant semantic markup.
- Experience with OO CSS and CSS frameworks.
- Understanding of static file optimization (CSS sprinting, JS minification, etc).
- Knowledge of client side security and site optimizations.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...