The primary responsibilities of the Front-End Web
Developer position include: updating maintaining and
implementing a web-based application for ShopNBC.com,
leading initiatives in support of video implementation
on the website, supporting our mobile and iPad
applications and working with current web development
tools to meet future initiatives and to enhance the UI
of the current website.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
ShopNBC.com website and develop visual and usability
- Oversee all aspects of front-end development for
testing of all web pages and designs to ensure that
- Collaborate on cross-platform and cross-browser
a professional feel is communicated to every user.
maintenance and development for Mobile Website,
- Develop Smart Phone applications and oversee code
develop iPad apps and help maintain current iPad
video from our television station to the website.
- Take lead on projects to increase implementation of
and iPad compatible.
- Implement and code emails so that they are mobile
pairing with interactive designers and IT developers
- Bridge the gap between design and technology,
to build enhanced user experiences.
customer experience of ShopNBC.com website.
- Develop and support UI initiatives that enhance the
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science or closely
experience, including demonstrated expertise in hand
- 1-3 years of professional front-end web development
information architecture, usability and
- Experience with web design principles including
accessibility for e-commerce sites, mobile and iPad.
(semantic HTML, SEO, accessibility, site
- Thorough understanding of basic web concepts
providing customer experience enhancing solutions.
- Expertise with debugging code, triaging issues and
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.