THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN MADISON, ALABAMA. ATTENTION ALL SEASONED CONVENTIONAL UNDERWRITERS IF YOU HAVE EVER WANTED TO LEARN GOVERNMENT UNDERWRITING HERE IS YOUR CHANCE.
- Maintain minimum productivity requirement.
- Underwrite Wholesale and Retail loans including the preliminary credit package- credit report, income, assets, appraisals, and title.
- Ability to efficiently work with database and imaging systems with paperless loans.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing complex personal and corporate tax returns and completing the FNMA1084.
- Strong analytic sills to independently feel confident in making credit decisions, including problem solving skills and when to request additional information to make complete underwriting decisions.
- Review and clear stips on loans that you underwrite.
- Thorough understanding of underwriting fundamentals and ability to adapt to changing overlays to ensure quality files meeting Agency, and Investor Guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast pace enviroment with little to no errors.
- Ability to effectively review IRS Transcripts and fraud tools.
- Adhere to the company's "Core Values".
- Complete tracking information by utilizing coversation log in Mortgage Builder.
- Attend all training sessions provided by the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years recent Wholesale Underwriting experience
- Highly motivated to meet minimum new daily underwriting assignments
- Basic knowledge of office equipement and computer skills
Indeed - 21 months ago