The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy .
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards .
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met .
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner .
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms .
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily .
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc .
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies .
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book .
- Be familiar with all in-house groups .
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates .
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario .
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology .
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed .
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner .
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees .
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system .
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner .
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report .
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards .
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs .
- Maintain a clean work area .
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes .
Job Qualifications .
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times .
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner .
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests .
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines .
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner .
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel .
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag .
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations .
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions .
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary .
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives .
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas .
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information .
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs .
- Perform other duties as requested by management .
Complete health care package, including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D available after 60 days, 401(k) and much more .
- College course work in related field helpful .
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred .
- High School diploma or equivalent required .
- Computer experience required .
- Customer Services experience preferred .
Highgate Hotels - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard