PURPOSE: To greet patients, activate patient files, and provide office support to medical and office personnel at the MedExpress clinic.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Center Manager; works in conjunction with physicians, mid-level practitioners, office and clinical staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following
- Welcomes MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answers inquiries and directs them through registration process.
- Always positively affects the patients and visitors perception of the visit experience.
- Assists patients with insurance documentation and billing questions. Guides patients in providing required information and completing paperwork.
- Professionally obtains patient information necessary for processing medical charges, including a copy of an insurance card, a copy of a driver license or other form of photo identification, and other information related to each patient situation.
- Collects and processes patient payments.
- Responsible for handling confidential records. Verifies information for correctness, places paperwork in proper sequence for physician examination or treatment, and files or distributes data in appropriate place.
- Completes callbacks, including patient messages and pharmacy call-ins.
- Maintains reception area in a neat and orderly condition at all times. Closes office and activates security system at the end of the day.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other company personnel. May assist other staff members with their duties as workload dictates.
- Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Requires working in a clinical setting. Position is primarily office based but maintained at the clinic level. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
- Full-Time - Works three 12-hour shifts per week.
- Part-Time - Works a minimum of one 12-hour shift per week and could work two depending on scheduling.
- Casual - Guaranteed one 12-hour shift per month. Could work more covering call-offs, vacations ect.
MedExpress - 14 months ago