Relying on experience and working under general supervision, performs any combination of non-routine and complex clerical duties requiring specific technical and general knowledge of systems an/or procedures in accordance with Concentra policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
- Greets patients and visitors and directs them accordingly.
- Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed.
- Admits patients into OccuSource or manually in accordance with client company protocols.
- Explains all required paperwork and forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork.
- Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller accordingly.
- Checks out patients either via Occusource or manually according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employers protocols.
- Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and printed forms.
- Manages dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork, custody and control forms.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules as outlined in training received.
- Attends center staff meetings..
- Participates in ongoing training.
- Completes processing of patient referrals including accurate checkout, paperwork processing, patient education and communication with Client Support Services as required.
- Assists Center Administrator in managing daily administrative functions.
- Completes understanding and ability to perform in all aspects of front office. operations.
- Effectively trains and guides new front office staff.
- Independently resolves center operation challenges without direction.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
- Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
- If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 2 years’ experience in a medical office environment
- Knowledge and application of charge entry functions, charge entry review and charge posting.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented office environment.
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...