Manage hotel front office operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant General Manager – General Manager - Area General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Monitor all front office financial operations and ensure front office compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts. Review, submit for approval, and order capital budget items as required.
- Supervise all guest services department managers.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs and direct staff according to information obtained.
- Oversee all vendor and personnel contracts throughout the hotel.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use and
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 to 5 years hospitality related experience.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 19 months ago - save job