EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Manage and motivate all front office personnel with the daily supervision to include staffing, training, discipline, scheduling and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction.
• Check and control room reservations, front office systems, supplies inventory, scheduling, forecasting and department budget to maximize revenue.
• Compile and prepare financial reports, including rate and availability calendar.
• Communicate with guests and employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work.
• Organize, conduct and/or attend meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
• Implement and monitor all corporate marketing programs.
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings to disseminate pertinent information.
• Attend other hotel meetings as deemed necessary.
• Perform room inspections which requires bending, stooping, reaching overhead and moving throughout guest floors.
• Assists in check-in/check-out of guests or any related guest service activity.
• Perform other duties as requested. For example, special requests from guests.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty program requiring weekend stay over, constant monitoring throughout hotel and troubleshooting problems.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Considerable knowledge of computer systems for registration, reservations and back-up systems.
• Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with guests and employees.
• Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
• Ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and corporation.
• Ability to analyze complex statistical data and make judgments accordingly.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Some college education preferred.
• Minimum of two to five years experience as Assistant and/or Director of Front Office Operations.
Milestone Hospitality Management - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard