The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
Responsible for the entire FO Operations of large scale luxury hotel. Provides professional, welcoming and friendly service to all patrons. Assists Director of Operations; plans, directs, controls and coordinates the activities of the Front Office Department which includes Front Desk, Concierge, Bell Team and Valet operations. Manages arrival and departure services, guest needs and requests, guest relations and complaints, luggage handling and concierge services. Ensures that maximum quality of service is extended to guests during their stay and maximum revenue is maintained for the hotel. Motivates and trains team for better results and achievements.
Essential Performance Functions:
- Is aware of and abides by all Swissotel policies & procedures, Occupational, Health & Safety legislation
- Maintains a positive and respectful relationship with Guests and motivates Colleagues
- Ensures proper flow of communication throughout the department.
- Plays active role in departmental hiring, orientation and training processes.
- Manages all activities of Front Office. Delegates / follows up tasks.
- Responsible to reaching target Market Metrix satisfaction scores.
- Ensures that any Swissôtel Standards/Leading Hotel Standards/ISO standards are strictly adhered to
- Keeps abreast of all product knowledge.
- Replaces Front Office Manager and Night Manager when needed.
- Proactively plans for successful continuous operation in regards to availability, guest requests, scheduling and overbooking situations.
- Works in accordance with checklists and ensures daily tasks are completed as instructed.
- Plans and ensures performance evaluations, goal settings, training, work schedule planning, and annual vacations.
- Handles all guest disputes, requests, complaints with courtesy, resolves and get appropriate action in line with Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts’ policies and procedures
- Supports and coordinates the Suggestive Selling program to ensure targeted results
- Handles all aspects Frequent Flyer, Swiss Circle, Data Quality and Gift Card programs.
- Writes policy and procedures for FO and revises when necessary.
- Enforces discipline in the department. Gets corrective action when necessary.
- Attends all required meetings and training sessions
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
Physical Aspects of Position:
- 4+ years previous FO management experience required within similiar size hotel
- Previous PMS experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- 4 year related degree or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Must be able to work different and rotating shifts
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.
Management / Supervisory
Swissotel - 15 months ago