About Banner Medical Group
At Banner Medical Group, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. The Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the seven states in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings – from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 550 physicians in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position serves as the first point of contact between patients and the facility. Coordinates and guides patient visit from check-in to check-out. Performs various functions including, scheduling, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and gathering patient demographic information. Answers and routes phone calls and completes daily paperwork and necessary reports.
- Receives all incoming calls from both internal and external lines. Documents messages and routes to appropriate clinical staff. Transfers calls as necessary. Ensures documentation in medical record is complete including lab and test results. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
- Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient's super-bill at check-out. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
- Schedules, re-schedules patient's office appointments, follow-up appointments, diagnostic tests, surgeries and may provide patient with preparation instructions for exams, tests, or surgeries when required. Confirms patient appointments for the following day. May prepare patient referrals to specialty care.
- Prints physician schedules, superbills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Provides administrative support for Physicians as needed.
- Reconciles charge tickets to each day's schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
- Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history, may assist with patient treatment, if required by the assigned facility. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires knowledge normally attained with completion of high school diploma or equivalent. Requires a demonstrated ability to multi-task between heavy phone volume, multiple computer systems and frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment. Must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm and perform data entry.
Six months experience working in a medical office and/or hospital setting preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 11 months ago