The Front Office Staff is the first point of contact for customers for the Practice. The Front Office Staff is responsible for greeting customers, answering the phones, scheduling appointments, completing administrative processing and recordkeeping. The Front Office Staff will be able to answer questions regarding advertising promotions, screen customers to determine what services will meet their needs, and demonstrate excellent customer service. The position supports the mission of the practice by demonstrating excellent customer care and incorporating telemarketing and customer retention calls as needed.
- Opens the office and ensures the front office is in order.
- Retrieves phones messages and prioritizes return phone calls.
- Greets and assists/directs customers who come to the practice.
- Answers incoming calls and guides customers to the appropriate service.
- Distributes and obtains appropriate forms, including new patient information, insurance information, and HIPAA information for all customers.
- Schedules all appointments.
- Prepares, pulls and files client charts on a daily basis.
- Confirms hearing aids and ear molds are ready prior to client appointment.
- Confirm the next day appointments.
- Tracks referral source for all customers.
- Collects and records payments.
- Completes bank deposits.
- Demonstrates and sells Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), batteries, and other special products as designed by the practice.
- Performs minor hearing aid repairs as allowed by state law such as battery door or receiver checks.
- Performs hearing aid checks and cleaning, as allowed by state law.
- Sends out birthday cards to all customers in the data base.
- Assists customers with exchanges or returns as needed.
- Prepares marketing material as needed.
- Maintains an attractive and welcoming office environment.
- Completes all filing.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports as directed.
- Establishes and maintains good public relations.
- Performs all other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Practices good safety and infection control protocols.
- Exercises confidentiality as it relates to all business and client information.
- Must be high school graduate. Prefer an Associates degree in administrative, accounting, sales or customer oriented field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to input and track sales revenues and balance accounts daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines.
- Requires the ability to deal with numerous interruptions.
- Must deal with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
- Must be detailed oriented.
Audigy Group - 19 months ago