Established in 1993, the Cook Family Health Center is a wholly-owned company of the Cook Group and created to provide primary care medical services to Cook Group employees and their families living and working in the greater Bloomington, Indiana area. The Center is currently staffed by 5 full time family practice providers, with approximately 20,000 patient visits and 100,000 prescriptions filled per year.
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the receptionist staff. Will also supervise staff in regard to following rules, regulations, and protocol of clinic operations. The Front Office Supervisor also performs routine clerical and administrative tasks as assigned to support the overall operation of the Clinic.
Essential Job Functions/ Duties:
• Establishes work schedule for staff, manages absences, call ins and scheduled PTO, and insures coverage of work stations during employee breaks.
• Reviews Daily Charge Analyses insuring balance of charges and payments and records data on spreadsheets for accounting. Prepares bank deposits.
• Maintains continuity among work teams (doctors, nurses, pharmacy & administration) by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Interview, select and supervise the activities of the Front Office staff, and review their performance relative to Clinic guidelines
• Maintains a flexible work schedule
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others
to achieve company goals
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communications
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Compliant with all policies of the company including without limitation the Cook Employee Manual, Cook Code of Conduct, Cook Electronic Information Policy, HIPAA regulations and Cook Policy & Guidance On Interaction with Healthcare Professionals
Minimum Work Experience/ Educational Requirements:
• Associates Degree preferred,o r experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
• Excellent customer relations skills
• Efficient use of general business office equipment
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
• Must be proficient in computer
• Must be detail-oriented
• Basic math skills (ability to collect, count and balance money)
• Experience with medical terminology
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods
• Ability to reach and lift office supplies
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
• Teamwork bonus
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Profit Sharing
• Medical, dental and vision
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Flexible spending account
Cook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cook Medical - 21 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...