Entergy Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Fuels Supply and Transportation Representative for our office located in The Woodlands, Texas. This position will be responsible for purchasing, scheduling, nominating and confirming purchasing natural gas supplies for Entergy''s power generation plants and Local Distribution Companies resulting in reliable, flexible and economic deliveries. This will include purchasing fuel, negotiating transportation and storage agreements, analyzing rates for transporting natural gas on interstate and intrastate pipelines, managing gas transportation and storage contracts, and monitoring pipeline imbalances and contractual performance. The position requires a high level of real-time communication and coordination within a group of fuel purchasers, as well as across several other functional groups responsible for the reliable operations and the economic dispatch of Entergy''s electric generation system.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide analytical support and assist management with critical decisions
- Develop methods to improve daily operation processes, performance measurement, and database management and facilitate discussions with key business stakeholders
- Communicate and present performance metrics and operational developments to senior management
- Closely work with plant operations and suppliers/vendors to coordinate fuel inventory deliveries
- Help ensure accuracy of fuel related data and provide reporting support for accounting and operations functions
- Support contract administration to ensure parties are performing within parameters of procurement and operations agreements
- Develop and support short-term and long-term inventory forecasts and business planning processes
- Other projects as assigned by Manager / Director / Vice President.
***Please submit a detailed resume in your application.***
At least 1- 4 years of gas Transportation & Exchange experience with one or more natural gas pipeline companies with knowledge of pipeline tariffs, capacity release programs, natural gas marketing, basis and pricing differentials, and project development. Experience with fuel procurement under RTO rules will be a plus.
* Must have Bachelor''s Degree in Business and 1-4 years work experience, previous experience with energy industry, operations, logistics, planning, commercial transactions preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Work/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
* Excellent analytical, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
* Comfortable working and communicating with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated positive teamwork attitude
Final salary offer will be based on the experiences and qualifications of the preferred candidate.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.