Full Charge Bookkeeper
Briggs & Veselka Co is a full service CPA firm offering tax, audit, business valuations, and various financial consulting services. As one of the ten (10) largest public accounting firms in Houston and the largest locally headquartered firm, we are able to provide an excellent opportunity for individual career development, competitive salary and benefit packages which include profit-sharing, flex-time options, bonuses, free parking and much more. Briggs & Veselka has doubled in size over the past 5 years and continues to attract the top talent in the marketplace by offering individuals work/life balance in their career.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper acts as third party administrator for client’s financials and payroll. They produce the required information and act as bookkeeping support for the client.
- Process financial data in Quickbooks from bank statements, brokerage statements and other client data.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Advise clients using Quickbooks and other software packages how to correctly record accounting transactions and maintain their accounting data.
- Review and make adjustments/corrections to client prepared accounting data.
- Responsible for federal and state payroll tax reporting for various clients. Prepare forms 941, 940, 943, 1099, W-2, W-3 and TWC reports. Also, calculate payroll check deduction amounts, accurate payroll tax deposit amounts and advise clients on deposit rules.
- Research IRS notices on behalf of clients and advise them of appropriate action to take to comply with correct payroll tax reporting procedures.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns during tax season, to include forms 1040 and 1041 and and necessary attachments and schedules.
- Maintain books to include bill paying and bank transactions for estates and foundations.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Prep Property tax renditions.
- Prepare Worker’s Comp insurance audits and pension plan census reports.
- Handle special projects such as setting up clients on accounting software packages.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
The right candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all levels of the organization and with our clients.
- High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in corporate data processing and/or bookkeeping
- Excellent PC skills
- Peachtree and/or Quickbooks, Prosystem FX tax software and Microsoft Suite experience
Briggs & Veselka Co. is involved with various contributions in support of Braeburn Elementary. Along with other charitable projects,...