Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to constantly getting better every day. Perkins & Co offers a competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan, paid time off plan, and a comprehensive insurance package.
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper who will work within our tax department interfacing with and supporting our accountants and clients. The Full Charge Bookkeeper will use their strong understanding of accrual and cash basis accounting to provide top-notch bookkeeping services to multiple clients. You are a troubleshooting pro who is up to any challenge and takes pride in helping others and delivering high quality work.
- Performing and finalizing the bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients
- Delivering excellent client service and developing positive relationships with both our clients and members of the Tax Department
- Reconciling accounts in QuickBooks by using online banking and the web-connect feature and analyzing discrepancies to make appropriate corrections
- Maintaining accrued and prepaid expense schedules
- Preparing and booking monthly journal entries and reclassifications
- Responsible for recognizing charges and differentiating between personal and business expenses.
- AP/AR services
- Preparing quarterly payroll returns: 940, 941 and form OQ
- 1099 preparation, and preparation of sales tax use returns
- Performing other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- 4-6 years of relevant experience as a full charge bookkeeper including AP/AR, account reconciliations, and producing financial statements for month end
- Ability to work autonomously and manage a variety of projects simultaneously with varied timelines
- Strong project management, time management, and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Advanced experience working with QuickBooks to include the Online, Pro and Premier versions; experience with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and Sage50 software is a plus
- Experience processing payroll
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically, evaluate and problem solve independently
- Proven track record working with various cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver thoughtful, high quality accounting work
If working with a company like Perkins & Co is something that you are interested in being a part of, apply for this opportunity today!
Perkins & Co’s mission is to be a solution for clients who want the services and sophistication of a large firm (including our...