Come be yourself with us.
Full Serve Warehouse Coworker
( Logistics Co-worker I)
Core Responsibilities (in addition to Assignment from Competence Profile) .
Responsibilities applicable to both Inflow and Outflow co-workers
- Follow IKEA procedures for handling customer returns back to stock.
- Verify and inspect consolidated customer order to determine order is completed and precise without any damages
- Ensure positive interaction with the customer at the home delivery counter by validating customer information, payment and condition of goods.
- Ensure accurate and timely handover of goods to the delivery provider
Additional Information : - Hours Level 2 position hours range from 20-32 hrs. per week and requires a minimum availability of 48 hrs. per week.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines.
- Maintain supplies, tools and equipment in an as new condition.
- Adhere strictly to safety and security procedures.
- Improve and maintain knowledge on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range.
- Adhere strictly to safety and security procedures including accurate and safe pallet placement in racking
- Improve and maintain knowledge on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range
- Assist managers in the training of new co-workers.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur.
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
Minimum Competence Requirements
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
external retail experience, supply chain and/or logistics operation experience
- 6-12 months IKEA experience including internal training programs or 6-12 months of
- Ability to handle scanner equipment and applicable computer software
- Previous high volume warehouse or receiving/replenishment experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills
Essential Physical/Mental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a team as well as work independently with limited supervision
- Service oriented
- Willingness to share your knowledge and learning with other co-workers
- Problem solving skills
between 25 pounds (11 kgs) and 50 pounds (22 kgs), unassisted. This may include
- Ability to frequently move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally
bending, stretching, reaching, and lifting on a regular basis. Any manual lifting over
50 lbs (22 kgs) will require the assistance of other co-worker(s) and/or use of manual
Co-Worker Performance Measurements
- Read, count and write to accurately complete all necessary documentation, if needed
- Freely move across all areas of the store such as sales floor, stock area.
- Operate and use all manual (non-electrical) handling equipment and/or hand tools
- Operate scanner equipment and/or inventory management software
- Communicate with other co-workers, managers and customers on a regular basis.
- Climb ladders, when needed
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress.
Certification/Foreign Language Requirements
- Logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Commercial review
- HR Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- VOICE Co-worker Survey
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)
on business need. Job ID 150286BR Removal Date 11/26/2012
- Ability to speak foreign language not required, but may be recommended depending
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...