Job Summary: The Order Entry Lead is responsible for maintaining workflow in the department, monitoring its productivity and performance, and ensuring that all run times are met.
• Coordinate the daily order entry process including all special dispensing situations and requirements as specified in current policies and procedures.
• Accurately enter orders in a timely manner for final inspection by pharmacist.
• Assist with the continued updating of all computer processes and procedures.
• Maintain adequate supply of forms and other related items necessary to meet the needs of the order entry area.
• Supervise the daily prescription order entry process including all special situations and requirements as specified in current policies and procedures.
• Maintain a pharmacy order entry training program and ensure that all order entry technicians are appropriately trained according to current policies and procedures.
• Maintain current working knowledge of facility policies and procedures as relates to pharmacy services.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
• Maintain appropriate staffing of the order entry area and coordinate with all pharmacy staff to ensure that all daily time requirements are met or exceeded.
• Prepare order entry technician work schedules.
• Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Board of Pharmacy Registration Required.
Omnicare, Inc - 9 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...