Summary Description: Performs order entry tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Input orders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
• Provide clinical staff pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
• Field calls which do not require a pharmacist from long term care facilities.
• Consult with pharmacist in charge regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
• Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
• Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information.
• Access only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your JOB/ROLE well.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Education and Qualifications:
o High school diploma or equivalent
o Good oral and written communication skills
o Good organizational skills
o Attention to detail
o Pharmacy technician license in states required
o Knowledge of basic math skills
o Excellent word processing skills
• Preferred Experience
o Previous technician training
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
THIS POSITION IS FULL TIME:
MONDAY - FRIDAY - 830 AM - 830 PM
*ROTATING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
SATURDAY - 830 AM - 7 PM
SUNDAY - 830 AM - 5 PM
Omnicare, Inc - 10 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...